Thursday, August 21, 2008

Feeding Out in the Mud!


I've just been robbed again!!!

Mackay has this terrible habit of getting to the round bale before I get a chance to unload it and he trashes it. With a set of horns 1mtre between tips and total body weight of about 750kg The bale does not stand a chance. Its his way of getting extras I guess. The ground is muddy and sloopy here from 9 weeks of rain and very litlle let up. Turns to slop very quickly by the gates when you are running the quad and a 400KG bale every day.

Looks like the forcast is not much better for the weekend but here is hoping :)

Its time like this I,m glad the Highlands are so resistant to foot infections and other winter ailments from standing in wet all day. Never given me any problems. !

can't wait for Summer but always happy to have a decent set of wet gear to keep clean and dry.

Come on Spring!@!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I only thought it was like that in Christchurch. A natural Cow Cocky Greg!

About Me

My photo
Upper Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand
Breeders of friendly "true type Highlands"

champions

champions
We all did really well !!

The winners

The winners
Meat & Wool Cup Winners