Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Evening... Me and the moos

I spent a lot of time last night in the paddock with some of our mcmoo team. I had just feed Abby Rose with her bottle for the evening and her gave her a brush and the others decided they would come and request a cuddle and a brush too...(just as well I remembered to bring the brush out with me!!!) I had to give Janny T a brush first as she has become the herd boss !! just like her mum. Obviously in the genes. Then over to Peigi...well young Janny was not keen on that. She needed the firm voice of "no" to remind her she needed to share. She took that on board and stood their in disgust, while Peigi had her turn. Then over to wee Georgie. Janny decided to try butting in on her brush as well, so received another 'no' from me, and this time she decided she would give up and go and carry on eating. Young Georgie stood there lapping it up, happy in the knowledge that Janny had moved off and wasn't going to get bossy. As I was brushing down her front she turned round and laid her head on my head and licked my hair..... she is such a sweetie.
Standing there amoungst these guys, on a gorgeous Monday evening, all I could think, was how lucky I was to be able to enjoy these beautiful animals and receive their love back with licks, nudges, moos and a big big cuddle.
A great way to end the day and very "de-stressed"...
Lesley

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Upper Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand
Breeders of friendly "true type Highlands"

champions

champions
We all did really well !!

The winners

The winners
Meat & Wool Cup Winners