Sunday, August 14, 2011

It's Snowing.....








Well, the polar blast that the weather office has been promising has arrived... and boy has it ever. We have never seen snow like this before...and it's getting worse.
I look back on my photos only taken the other day in the sun, and pine for it. As lovely and gorgeous as the snow is, man you are over it after 24 hours. And your heart goes out to our hairy moos out there who are truly over it now too ...but they look amazing out there and I can only be thankful we have Highlands who can cope with these weather extremes. Even our wee 3week, bottle feed girl, Miss Molly is out there playing soccer with the 3 dogs and Greg.... and then comes and stands at my kitchen door licking the snow flakes that drop on her nose. Very cute.
As much as I would love to chat, the snow is falling faster and thicker, so I had better get out and feed out to the guys down here and then attempt to get to the moos on lease land up the road. Thankfully our ute is 4WD, so I should make it !!!??

Have fun and keep warm and safe.
talk soon
Lesley


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Upper Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand
Breeders of friendly "true type Highlands"

champions

champions
We all did really well !!

The winners

The winners
Meat & Wool Cup Winners