Sunday, April 22, 2012

Truely Majestic !!

I sat at our breakfast table this morning, and looked out our glass doors and just sat thinking how lucky we were to be able to sit and watch our gorgeous moos from our table. There they were in the morning sunlight, munching away, happily meandering from one spot to the next, every so often popping their head up to look back at me....with mouths full of grass ! Truely a majestic sight. I guess this is what stops people on the road side to just sit and stare. They really are an amazing animal. I recently had a truck driver stop me and say, "oh you are the people with the Highland cattle aren't you.... I bring my wife up to your place every so often to just look at them, esp when you have little teddy bear babies."

I have attached the photos of our new baby float. I call it the moo caravan..!! not sure if Greg is so keen on that name, but that's what it feels like when driving with them in it. Sitting in the drivers seat, you look into the rear vision mirror, and
guess who is looking back at you...yes, its the moos. It is hilarious. Honestly I am a bit worried that we will get so transfixed on looking at them, rather than the road !!
Talking about hilarious sights, I decided to do the harrowing of the front paddock with Gertie. Now Gertie isnt a cow or a goat or any four legged character, its our four wheeled old hack.. range rover. What a trouper she is. So I hawled on the harrow and off Cooper and I went..... well I tell you, I was
very pleased I was wearing a sports bra (I guess a few of you would rather not know that ).. but boy oh boy, Cooper and I had a rather bumpy ride. At one point, I stopped to check something, left my door open, then got back in and realised Cooper had decided enough was enough, and had left the building so to speak.
He just took off, no where to be seen. !! I did have to laugh and then carried on Solo !!


Well I had better rattle my daggs and get some dinner sorted... the sun is going down and things are cooling down... certainly a sign its Autumn and not summer anymore. until next time... Les x



No comments:

About Me

My photo
Upper Hutt, Wellington, New Zealand
Breeders of friendly "true type Highlands"

champions

champions
We all did really well !!

The winners

The winners
Meat & Wool Cup Winners